This is my bookshelf. That's a bit of a misnomer, since I post all sorts of media that I've read or watched here. Any work listed below is something that I found good enough to be worth recommending to others. I update the list from the top, so the first item on every list is the most recent thing in that respective category I felt was worth sharing. Books or films that enjoy a significant degree of broad popularity typically won't be listed, even if I found them to be excellent.
I was not asked nor did I receive any compensation for sharing the media that I have listed here.
- America is Not the Heart (2018) by Elaine Castillo
- The Undocumented Americans (2020) by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- Permanent Record (2019) by Edward Snowden
- Caliban and the Witch: Women, the Body, and Primitive Accumulation (2004) by Silvia Federici
- The Sympathizer (2015) by Viet Thanh Nguyen [review]
- The King Is Always Above The People (2017) by Daniel Alarcón
- Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race (2017) by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- The Half of It (2020), written and directed by Alice Wu [review]
- Queen and Slim (2019), written by Lena Waithe and James Frey, directed by Melina Matsoukas
- Mudbound (2017), written by Dee Rees and Virgil Williams, directed by Dee Rees, based on the novel by Hillary Jordan